You've started dreaming about what it might be like to own a home. But where do you even start the process? Here's the top 6 steps you need to take:
1) Start looking at your finances - how much money do you have for a down payment and other home buying expenses?
2) Start researching your credit score and explore what "debt to income ratio" means;
3) Interview and hire a trusted realtor to step you thru the process (don't worry, you don't pay for the realtor's expertise - the seller usually pays the realtor's commission.)
4) Talk to a lender - Your realtor can give you some names of trusted lenders - find out what type of loan and the amount of a mortgage that you qualify for;
5) Check in on your comfort level - what you can qualify for may not necessarily be what payment you are comfortable with;
6) Research different school districts and neighborhoods online to find out what your $$$$'s will buy in different areas;
Now you're ready to start looking at some homes....
Whenever you are ready, here’s some ways that I can help with your real estate goals:
1) Free Access to search the Denver MLS for all homes currently on the market: Denver Home Finder Service Property Search
2) Join me for a home tour - Home tours are Monday thru Saturday at 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm - choose your tour here
3) Request a specific search that sends all the homes that meet your parameters as soon as they come on the market - that way you can beat others to the best homes. Send me an email with "specific search" in the subject line and your wish list - Price range, school district, style, minimum number of bedrooms, etc. - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com
4) Receive a Home Loan Report –There are so many different loan programs. Do you need 20% down payment to purchase a home? Are there special programs for first time home buyers? What does CHFA mean? What's the difference between a FHA loan and a Conventional loan? Send me an email - - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com with "Home Loan Report" in subject field and I'll send it right over.
Also….check these out??
Denver Home Finder Service
Denver Home Seller Service