What characteristics should you look for in a new neighborhood? The attached article shows 10 things to look for in a neighborhood. My experience is that most buyers search for:
1) Great schools - we're lucky to have several great school districts in the Denver Metro area - the most well known are Cherry Creek School District, Douglas County School District and Boulder County School District
2) Close Knit Community - Community events like parades, concerts, movies in the park, neighborhood garage sales, holiday celebrations (Santa, firework displays), rec centers all help residents connect with other neighbors.
3) High ratio of owner occupied homes vs rentals - renters tend to not take as much pride in their home. So too many rentals in a neighborhood can result in more neglected homes.
4) Safety - neighborhood watch programs are helpful - Check the crime statistics
Whenever you are ready, here’s some ways that I can help with your real estate goals:
1) Free Access to search the Denver MLS for all homes currently on the market: Denver Home Finder Service Property Search
2) Join me for a home tour - Home tours are Monday thru Saturday at 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm - choose your tour here
3) Request a specific search that sends all the homes that meet your parameters as soon as they come on the market - that way you can beat others to the best homes. Send me an email with "specific search" in the subject line and your wish list - Price range, school district, style, minimum number of bedrooms, etc. - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com
4) Receive a Home Loan Report –There are so many different loan programs. Do you need 20% down payment to purchase a home? Are there special programs for first time home buyers? What does CHFA mean? What's the difference between a FHA loan and a Conventional loan? Send me an email - - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com with "Home Loan Report" in subject field and I'll send it right over.
Also….check these out??
Denver Home Finder Service
Denver Home Seller Service