Saving for a Down Payment on a home seems like a daunting task. But as with all daunting tasks, breaking it down into different steps helps.
1) Decide how much home you can afford - there are lots of online calculators that are helpful for this step
2) Set up a savings plan which might even include moving back home for awhile
3) Speed up the process by investing some of the money you're saving for a down payment - but be conservative on how much you invest
4) Consider borrowing from your 401(k)
5) When saving 20% for a down payment just isn't possible
Click on "Read More" at the bottom of this page to read the rest of Money CNN's article.
Whenever you are ready, here’s some ways that I can help with your real estate goals:
1) Free Access to search the Denver MLS for all homes currently on the market: Denver Home Finder Service Property Search
2) Join me for a home tour - Home tours are Monday thru Saturday at 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm - choose your tour here
3) Request a specific search that sends all the homes that meet your parameters as soon as they come on the market - that way you can beat others to the best homes. Send me an email with "specific search" in the subject line and your wish list - Price range, school district, style, minimum number of bedrooms, etc. - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com
4) Receive a Home Loan Report –There are so many different loan programs. Do you need 20% down payment to purchase a home? Are there special programs for first time home buyers? What does CHFA mean? What's the difference between a FHA loan and a Conventional loan? Send me an email - - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com with "Home Loan Report" in subject field and I'll send it right over.
Also….check these out??
Denver Home Finder Service
Denver Home Seller Service