Well, now that the government has shut down for who knows how long, how does that affect Real Estate Buyers and Sellers? There are 3 main ways this could create delays on the paperwork and documentation necessary for a home purchase or sale:
1) IRS - most lenders will want to verify your tax return with the IRS. If that is not considered an essential function of the IRS, there might not be anyone there to verify your tax return.
2) Social Security Office - again, most lenders will want to verify that they have the correct social security number for their buyers. If workers have been sent home, there is no one there to verify your social security number with your name.
3) FHA & VA Mortgages- If you or your buyer is applying for an FHA or VA Mortgage and if the government employees that process the FHA or VA mortgages are furloughed, that would cause a delay in a mortgage loan approval.
Some contracts might fall because of these delays, but if history is any guide, chances are good the seller and the buyer would agree to delay closing.
Click on "Read More" at the bottom of this page to read CNBC's article.
Whenever you are ready, here’s some ways that I can help with your real estate goals:
1) Free Access to search the Denver MLS for all homes currently on the market: Denver Home Finder Service Property Search
2) Join me for a home tour - Home tours are Monday thru Saturday at 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm - choose your tour here
3) Request a specific search that sends all the homes that meet your parameters as soon as they come on the market - that way you can beat others to the best homes. Send me an email with "specific search" in the subject line and your wish list - Price range, school district, style, minimum number of bedrooms, etc. - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com
4) Receive a Home Loan Report –There are so many different loan programs. Do you need 20% down payment to purchase a home? Are there special programs for first time home buyers? What does CHFA mean? What's the difference between a FHA loan and a Conventional loan? Send me an email - - Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com with "Home Loan Report" in subject field and I'll send it right over.
Also….check these out??
Denver Home Finder Service
Denver Home Seller Service